Sunday, December 23, 2007

ANGELS AND…

Do you believe in angels? How about guides, masters, inner plain teachers? Divine intervention? I certainly do. I believe in all of the above and with very good reasons. I can’t begin to tell you the number of times I have been lovingly steered out of harms way. I know that my dodging of potential hazards is much more than luck. One of the more dramatic incidents happened just one year ago this November.

Beginning in early October I had made plans to move from Prescott, Arizona to my present home in Bella Vista, Arkansas. All my loyal spirit friends had told me quite plainly that my move should be made in mid November before Thanksgiving. At the last minute, I decided the timing didn’t suit me. I got stubborn. I was definitely not going to move until the last day in November and that was that. Big mistake.

So there I was on the 30th of November 2006, climbing into my Honda and heading for Arkansas. I knew the weather was changing but I seemed to be a little ahead of the snow. I spent that evening in a New Mexico motel. The next morning was cold but sunny and clear. Still I had the goose bumpy feeling I had better fill the gas tank just in case. Sure enough by 11 a.m. everything changed. It began as a little snow and quickly changed into sleet and freezing rain. The entire freeway can to a complete stop. No vehicle was moving.

I thought, “this is definitely not good”. But, on the other hand, I did have a full gas tank which meant I could run the heater off and on. Thank you angels! Problem was my windshield kept icing up. I couldn’t see anything in front of my car or on the side for that matter. From time to time, I got out of the car and cleared the windshield to be ready when the freeway was open again. I noticed my tires and wheelwells were freezing solid as well. Fortunately I had a big hammer in the front seat of the car to chip away the ice from the wheels. (earlier I wondered why I had loaded that???).

Time seemed to drag as I sat waiting and worrying. I realized however that as long as I was sitting still between a huge truck and a car, no one could crash into me on the ice and I couldn’t crash into anyone either. Also, I did have a big blanket in the car and bottles of drinking water. Plus I had brought along an assortment of snacks. With those thoughts I began to relax. Once in a while I would get out and talk to the friendly trucker behind me. He had been listening to his radio and told me there had been a tractor trailer accident up ahead involving five rigs. Surely the snow plows and salt trucks would come soon.

Seven long hours passed. It was 6 p.m. and pitch black outside by the time the first vehicles came through from the opposite direction. First the salt trucks and then some school buses. The freezing rain continued. By the time my line of cars and trucks began to move, the ice on my windshield couldn’t be cleared fast enough to see more than three feet ahead. I had 15 miles to go to the nearest exit and couldn’t move more than 5 miles an hour because of the ice. There were dozens of trucks and cars scattered about the median. Some were lying on their sides, some upside down. I would never have been able to drive that icy road to safety without my guides and my angels.

When I arrived at the nearest town, there were huge trucks parked on both sides of the mountain road in the small downtown. The sheriff was trying to help but vehicles were sliding every which way. All the motels were full. I tried three motels to find a room for the night. At the last one the clerk was on the telephone saying “no rooms”. I thought I would have to sleep in my car but just as I was walking away she called after me: “Is a kingsize bed o.k.”? I was so relieved it is a wonder I didn’t cry.

I spent the night in a warm dry room with television. The next morning I loaned my big hammer to a pickup driver who was trying to clear his wheels just as I had the night before. I decided to stay another night in town just to be sure the roads ahead were passable. The rest of the trip was a breeze by comparison. I arrived At my new home in Bella Vista, Arkansas, without a scratch on my car or a scratch on me!

What was this all about? Did I experience Divine Intervention that day? I believe so. Was it a strong lesson to me? Yes! Will I pay more attention to the advice I receive? Absolutely! Whatever the lessons of that experience, you can be sure that I will never stop thanking my guides and angels for the help they gave that day and continue to give every day.

To schedule a private reading appointment with Reverend Cheney, telephone (479)657-6491.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home