Monday, October 27, 2008

PATHWAY TO GROWTH

I am pretty much irrepressible when it comes to talking to strangers anywhere I find them. It doesn’t matter if I’m standing on the curb waiting for a ride, waiting in line at the bank or sitting on the beach, I just have to find out what people are thinking, what they are all about.

You certainly cannot tell what important bit of wisdom you can pick up just by being friendly or in my case a little nosey! On that note, today I found myself in the pen and paper aisle of one of our local dollar stores. I was looking for markers.

Standing directly next to me in the aisle was a lively little lady. She seemed to exude a lot of vigor. I guessed her age to be somewhere between 80 and 85. I thought of her as “little” because I am sure she could not have been more than 4’8” tall.

I noticed she, on her tiptoes, was trying to put a manila envelope back with some others on the top shelf. I was just about to ask her if I could help (I am at least a foot taller), when she maneuvered the envelope back into place.

“Congratulations!” I said, half laughing and smiling at her. “That was quite a reach for you!” She smiled back. Then with a twinkle in her eye she replied, “Stretching, that’s the way you grow you know.”

It was fully an hour later as I waited for my car to washed and waxed that I began to recall the wisdom of her words. She was right on target. It does not matter whether you desire growth in the physical, the mental or the metaphysical/spiritual, STRETCHING IS THE ANSWER.

To attain measurable growth in any area involves reaching beyond what we have accepted as our current limits. To be more, we need to break our self imposed barriers. From time to time we all tend to believe that we can go this far but not the extra distance that would allows access to soul satisfying achievement. Metaphorically, we believe we can speed walk but run.

Athletes know this. They believe in getting that “second wind” to reach their goal. Spiritual seekers know this. They work in meditation to the break-through that takes them to the next level of understanding and personal truth. Ask anyone who is trying to lose weight, there is always a plateau but if they persist, success comes and the pounds fall away.

Whatever limits you may have set for yourself, look at them carefully. Are they necessary? Are they perhaps not real but imaginary? Are they your own limits or someone else’s idea of your limits?

Whatever it is that you personally wish for, whatever your desire, do not accept any limit at all. There are so many and varied ways to accomplish that which may now seem remote, even impossible. Believe in yourself. Believe in your abilities and talents, even those that are now lying dormant.

Remember the little lady who was able to stretch that extra inch just to reach the top shelf. You can achieve your goals. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS KEEP REACHING!

Call today for your private psychic consultation and reading. All of your questions deserve answers. Your spirit guides and angels will accompany you and offer their help. All appointments are strictly confidential.

Telephone Reverend Lois (941) 961-2783. Your reading can be over the telephone or in person. Your personal reading will be saved on a cassette tape and given to you for your later review in your home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home