Tuesday, December 25, 2007

YOU ARE VALUABLE!

Yes, you are valuable. Your life is important. Your contributions matter.

I remember my friend Mark. When we would go shopping together for something he needed, he would ask a clerk for help in finding the item. Whether or not the clerk could find it, whether or not the store even carried it, Mark would always say the same thing: “Thank you for your good service.”

Yes, I know it sounds a little stilted, but when he said it, you just felt it came directly from his heart. Even when the employee may have seemed a bit sour and disinterested in the beginning, that demeanor would change. Just the surprise that someone noticed him and cared, would often be enough to bring a smile or “your welcome”.

It is equally important for each of us to appreciate and value ourselves. When we feel worthwhile, we do worthwhile things. When our self esteem is in tact, we are free to allow our own creativity to come forward. We become contributors to this life. That is why I strongly recommend giving sincere, genuine compliments to others whenever an opportunity arises. When you have a chance to make someone feel good about themselves, perhaps to feel special, do it! You may never know how much those words are needed or how much good they will do.

Some years ago when I was in charge of a steno pool of 12 ladies, I realized that if I wanted the productivity that was expected from the team, I needed more than just assignments, deadlines and schedules. What I found was that the more appreciative I was to each individual worker for what they completed, the more work was being done. The feeling of the workplace was cheerful. The change began just because people who are validated for their efforts, want to do even more. All of us crave recognition.

Lately, I have a friend who often drives the two of us in my car to various places just for fun or shopping. Many times I will tell him how safe I feel when he drives and what a good driver he is. That is not just flattery on my part. All of that is quite true. I enjoy having someone do the driving while I sight see but I also know that he needs to hear it. It is important to him to feel appreciated.

Today, be sure to honor yourself, feel good about who you are and what you can do. Just for today, set aside any self criticism or harsh judgements. Also, please find an opportunity to help someone feel good about himself as well. The combination of those two efforts will make a beautiful day for you both.

My work is helping clients improve and smooth their lives with forward reaching information. If you would like a comprehensive psychic reading, call for a private appointment. Reverend Lois in Bella Vista, Arkansas (479) 657-6491.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home