Saturday, December 29, 2007

Dreams---Messages from Home?

There are so many paths to enlightenment. Here is one you might not have considered. Your dreams want to bring greater understanding to you on so many levels touching on physical/emotional problems as well as spiritual questions. Dreams will come in a number of different ways. After studying my own dreams, I can honestly say, I believe that every dream is worth exploring. If you have never kept a journal, begin with a journal of your dreams.

I have heard people say they do not dream but, of course, everyone does dream. Some of us simply do not remember. That is easy to cure. It is most important to have a paper and pen or tape recorder within reach. Then, tell yourself directly before you fall asleep for the night: “Tonight I will dream and when I wake I will remember.” If it doesn’t happen the first time, don’t give up. It may take a couple of repetitions, but you will remember.

Dreams come in all sorts of strange tales. Looking at your dreams you may find double meanings, jokes, exaggeration, but rarely straight forward, blunt undisguised information. It is as if we don’t want to frighten ourselves by allowing information to be sent too directly. That grandmother in your dream may be representative of a way in which you are behaving, in your waking hours, “grandmotherly” or in some particular aspect as your grandmother might behave.

We have all had those naked dreams which tend to point out our vulnerability or exposed feeling. When you find yourself in a dream being unable to find a bathroom, you can guess that either there is something in your life that metaphorically needs "cleaning up" or perhaps "eliminating."

Dream analysis or interpretation cannot come from a dictionary of symbols. There may be a few “universal” symbols as those I have mentioned, but for the most part your feelings, your emotions and your understanding of your own symbols are the place to start.
In other words, if you continue to dream about chickens or eggs, how do you feel about chickens or eggs? Do you like, dislike, have allergies to, fear either one? Is someone in your life "chicken"?

Another interesting use of dreams is the programmed dream. In other words, if you have a problem that is not yielding a solution, ask for it. Again, before you go to sleep, state the problem briefly, and say: “Send me a solution in my dreams tonight. I promise to remember and write it down.” Often I have asked for a dream to explain a dream! Why not ask? There is no limit to the cooperation you can get from your personal dream maker.

Once in awhile I have received strong warning dreams. Let me recount one of those. It was a number of years ago when we were days away from a large move. My husband and I were leaving Arkansas for our new home in the panhandle of Florida. I woke in an awful state. In my dream I had been stung by hundreds of purple blobs. Since it made no sense to me at the time, I simply recorded the dream and forgot it.

Apparently, I did not forget. A few weeks later, we were settled into our Florida home. It was July---hot and humid. Our swimming pool was nearly overgrown with southern grape vines that covered the privacy fence. My husband was working on other repairs so I dressed to cut back the vines. The odd thing was in that hot July temperature, I put on a long sleeved shirt, heavy jeans, gloves, a hat and sun glasses. It looked more as if I was set to shovel snow.

Just a few minutes into trimming the vines, hundreds of wasps flew directly at me. Into the pool I went, hat, sunglasses and all. Thank goodness for all those clothes. I didn’t get even one sting. Those wasps had been nesting in the purple grapes (remember the big blobs). It seems that even when we can’t initially understand a dream, it can be remembered somewhere in our consciousness and give help at just the right time. Unfortunately, my husband wasn’t quite as lucky. He sustained a couple of stings while spraying the wasps.

There is one more aspect of dream problem solving that should be mentioned. It takes a bit of self talk and practice, but you can dream and be aware that you are dreaming. This awareness within a dream will allow you to manipulate the action in such a way as to gain understanding and solutions. Again talk to yourself: “I will dream tonight but I will be awake and aware within my dream. I will face my fears. I will direct the action.”

Frequently in the context of my private readings, I will be asked to aid in finding an interpretation to a particularly vivid dream. I am always ready to help with that understanding. If I can be of help to you through dream resolutions, psychic intuitions or spirit contacts, please call me for a private reading appointment: Reverend Lois, (479) 657-6491, Bella Vista, Arkansas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home