Friday, November 7, 2008

RELATING OR BOWING OUT?

How do you relate to your world? Do you give it and its occupants kisses? Happy loving thoughts? Appreciation for each situation and experience? Perhaps you lend your world some constructive criticism or occasionally harsh judgment? Are you sending peace to all those around you or busy being an irritant?

How does your world relate to you? Do you feel that it surrounds you with abundance and joyful support? Or are you sure that something, someone, out there is plotting to get you? Are you full of fear, feeling that everything is about to crash down around your ears?

Either way you can be sure there is an EQUAL GIVE AND TAKE happening between you and your world. You and your world are busy working out a BALANCE according to your words, thoughts, and emotions.

Just to assure you that I am not pointing an accusing finger at anyone; let me tell you a story of my own. It was a short time ago, just about the 12th of this past October when I was in to my second day of driving from the farthest point of Arkansas to my home church in Florida.

I was bored. Driving, driving, and driving the back roads in Tennessee with not a lot of freeway progress. It must have been around 9 in the morning when I couldn’t stand the repetitiveness and the mist on the windshield anymore and decided to stop at fast food Hardee’s. Some of you may be familiar with their sugar and raisin biscuits. Nothing like a little sugar to give me that temporary lift!

When I entered the restaurant I realized the energy of the customers pretty much matched mine and the energy created by the gray weather. It was low! Not many words being spoken there. So I went to the far corner of the place and sat at a tiny little table in silence.

After eating I suddenly realized what I was doing. I said to myself: “Lois, you’re being silly. You like people, what are you doing way over here?” I was about to leave when I got up with my tray but then I stopped right in the center of the restaurant.

Using as smiling and loud a voice as I could muster, I looked around the room and I said “Do you know what’s good about this weather? There’s very little chance of sunburn!” Well that broke the energy. People were laughing. Asking me which direction I was headed. Wishing me a safe journey.

How little effort on my part or yours to bring a little giggle, some joy to one person or a roomful. I intend to do it more often.

As long as I am reminiscing, I might as well tell one more story. One of my favorite stores is The Dollar Tree and why not? There is always some new exciting trinket for a buck. But this particular day I arrived in the store searching for a black marker. As I stood in the pen and paper aisle, I wasn’t paying much attention to what was going on around me.

Then I realized the little lady next to me was having quite a struggle trying to replace a manila envelope on the top most shelf. She was obviously a peppy person, quite full of energy but way too short to do what she was trying to do. I guessed her to be no more than 4’8” tall and perhaps 85 years of age.

I was just getting ready to offer to help her reach that top shelf when she managed to wedge the envelope between some others. I smiled and said “Congratulations, that was quite a reach! I was laughing a little when I added: “I really didn’t think you could make it!”

She immediately smiled back and chuckled. “You know, stretching is what makes you grow!” I didn’t think much about that exchange until about an hour later. A wave of understanding mixed with some warm emotion washed over me. You know, she was right on target!

She wasn’t talking about being short. She didn’t expect to grow another physical inch she was expressing something much more important. STRETCHING IS WHAT MAKES US GROW. Reaching beyond our self imposed limits. Trying for that metaphorical extra inch or foot or mile.

Athletes know that. They have to believe in that second wind. They don’t stop because temporarily they can go no further. They keep on, keeping on. How else would that 4 minute mile have been broken over and over again?

If you ever observed someone trying to control their weight, there comes a time when they seem to hit a plateau. They get so far but become stuck. But if they keep applying the basic principles of weight loss or gain, if they keep the goal in mind, they eventually break through that barrier.

Metaphysicians know to attain that desired level of enlightenment they must keep meditating, reading, searching, practicing their personal awareness until the light breaks through.

What are limits really? LIMITS ARE IMAGINARY BARRIERS we have erected for ourselves or, in some cases, limits we have accepted as truth from others. Our thoughts may tell us we have gone this far but the next step is way too much.

Our closest friends and relatives mean well but may give us the idea that our personal goal is too impossible to attempt. We love these people and so we accept their erroneous ideas.

I believe that all of us can decide to accept the reality that WE ARE TRULY UNLIMITED. There are no chains that bind us unless we want them to. We are free; yes we are free, totally free in the most dynamic way we can imagine. There are no limits to what you and I can do. None at all.

Throw away any limits you may have accepted. Truly, you were born to be an “over-comer”. If you cannot go through that seeming obstacle, go around it. Find your way with confidence. Move ahead.

There is unlimited energy within you and offered to you. The universe is ready to fill your desire. Accept the reality of your own endless ability. Whatever your heart is asking of you, believe you can do it because you can!

Let me offer you a private appointment for your personal counseling session. Any life questions you may have will be answered with the help of your angels and guides. Write out all your questions, all your current challenges.

I will read for you either in my studio or by telephone. In either case, you will receive a cassette tape of your psychic reading for your later review.

Call Reverend Lois (941) 961-2783 or e-mail RevLois@gmail.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home