Wednesday, January 2, 2008

YOUR COLORS FOR THE DAY

I have been thinking a lot about color lately. I see all of the red, green and gold of the holiday decorations and party clothes. But, it is more than just the colors of this time of year that catch my attention. When I dress for the day, I always ask that esoteric part of me, what color will fit my needs today? My "high self" or inner guide is usually quick with an answer.

If my intent is to gather more energy, enjoy more creativity, I will probably find myself selecting something in my closet that includes the color red. If I feel the need for any kind of healing, I select my splashiest green. The effect of color on mood and mental clarity can be measurable and in some cases, intense.

I can recall advising more than one client to put away the dark brown and black clothing if only for a week. Putting on some livelier colors can dramatically change emotions and thoughts. A depressed person certainly doesn’t need “depression amplification” by wearing dark colored clothing or by drawing all the shades in the room. Let the sunshine in, literally and figuratively!

Royal purple can amplify spiritual or mystical pursuits. When seeking information for myself from the masters, I love using the purple energy of my amethyst necklace and earrings. Yellow can improve communication skills and gain attention (remember those old gold jackets worn by Century 21 salesmen). For some of us, yellow can bring springtime thoughts and a bounce to our steps.

If you would like to feel particularly prosperous or just project that image to the world, try metallic gold and green. Don’t forget the accessories. If you are lucky enough to have jade or aventurine in cuff links or earrings, add those! Of course, color preferences are unique to the individual. There maybe times when all black or gray clothing is just the ticket for you, but by consulting with your best advisor (you) on a deeper level, you may find some very interesting answers and results.

Consider this: painting your bedroom bright red and pink probably won’t yield a good night’s sleep, although there could be other kinds of benefits to that paint application if you have a partner. Red does tend toward high energy action and pink is a definite love song. Selecting your clothing colors is equally important. A carefully chosen predominate color can amplify your success and innate talents. On the other hand, throwing on any old thing, with no thought to the effect of the particular colors on you, could not only bring your personal energies down, but it could cause others to view you as incapable or unprepared. The end result might be to put a bit of a damper on your efforts or to actually interfere with your day’s agenda!

Ask yourself: if you feel you need a boost to your self esteem, what colors would help? What color or colors give you confidence in your own abilities? If you need a bit of calm, would you select some watery blue or white? Do you want more friends? What kind of friends do you want to attract? What color might help you attract those compatible friends you desire?

Just as each of us is unique, so our color choices are unique. Each new day, put your intentions and desires out to the Universe and add the energy of your own special colors to those choices. The results might surprise you.

If you would like my help with any of your life challenges or decisions, please call me for your private appointment. Reverend Lois Cheney, (479) 657-6491 Bella Vista, Arkansas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home