Saturday, January 5, 2008

LIFE’S LITTLE PUZZLES

Some Mornings at coffee time, I like to work the “Jumble”. It’s just a simply designed puzzle that arrives in the morning paper. It takes a few minutes to solve or much longer if my mind is full of weeds and chatter. Perhaps that is why I like to work with it, to clear all that noise out of my head.

That puzzle is just four or five words with all the letters scrambled. At the end of the puzzle are blanks to be filled in using some of the letters in the words above. The answer to the blank phrase is illustrated by a cartoon like drawing. This is “morning taxing” enough. No, I haven’t even attempted the newest “sudoku” craze.

It is a shame that life’s challenges are not as simple as the “Jumble”. Instead, many times life’s changing scene and ongoing puzzles make us feel as if we have been hit by a speeding train. “Where did that come from? Who said I wanted that? Now what?” Even though you know full well that you are both the engineer and the conductor on your life’s “train”, circumstances can make the trip seem unfair, uncalled for and impossibly difficult.

When we are caught unaware by a new problem or even revisited by an old one, it is time to pull out the old affirmation box. When a situation seems really over powering, the temptation is to tell ourselves “I don’t know what to do, I can’t handle this.” The first thought or word that works for me is a more positive “I can do it, one thing at a time!” Don’t we all want to fix everything at once? Not necessary. One step at a time and one action at a time is the way to results.

Over a period of years, my late husband and I bought, remodeled and sold many homes. As you might imagine, there was a lot of detailed paperwork involved. Occasionally, while writing contracts, I would encounter a somewhat cantankerous or downright irrational buyer. Instead of allowing myself the usual anxiety , I would tell myself, over and over again: “You know what this is, Lois. It’s only business. That’s right. It’s only business.”

That particular line of reasoning always calmed me enough to allow a more even-keeled thinking. Just that affirmation brought clarity. I could then proceed to take appropriate action to smooth or remove the problem.

There are so many wonderful affirmations that can be used to redirect our thoughts and emotions. Because we acknowledge that our repeated thoughts and words create the patterns of our lives, it is a good idea to keep a personal dictionary of positive “fixes”. A good strong affirmation can be a big help in puzzling out our personal dilemmas.

How about these? “I see the big picture”….. “I understand the goal”….. “My mind is clear and I am calm”.….”All things are working together for good”…..”My relationships are peaceful and loving”…..”I accept the highest and best outcome for all those directly concerned”…..”My angels guide, guard and protect me”……”Thank you, that miracles are happening in my life today.”

Now it’s your turn. See if you can devise and improvise affirmations to suit your life. Or just pick up one of those self-help books and borrow a few positive thoughts. No need to let life’s speed bumps turn into concrete walls. A little change in your thinking and approach can bring gratifying results and solutions. Start writing in your positive thoughts log! Have a handful or a box full and use them.

If I can help you in any way through a spirit-led psychic reading, do not hesitate to call me. For a private appointment: Reverend Lois, (479) 657-6491, Bella Vista, Arkansas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home