Monday, March 10, 2008

Si’ Si’

Yes, once again I am trying to learn a foreign language. Spanish, to be more specific. I had a few hours when in high school but that study was a long time ago. Studying it again is more of a struggle than I thought it would be. My goal is just to be able to toss about a few necessary phrases when I travel in Mexico or South America.

As I worked at my Spanish lessons the other evening, the thought came to me that every time you or I meet someone new during the day, there is a very real possibility that we will encounter difficulty understanding what they are trying to convey. Not because either of us lack intelligence, or not because we do not speak plainly, but it is somehow as if we are listening to a foreign language even though the words are English and quite familiar.

The reason for this all too frequent miscommunication or possible “foreign” feel in any conversation is that each person who speaks or listens comes from a background of unique experiences. So, even though each of us may believe we understand what the other is saying, we can only interpret their words based on our own experiences which are, of course, totally different than theirs.

The end result of all of this is usually that both parties in any conversation are busy making a number of assumptions. We are mentally preparing a rebuttal to what we thought we heard or understood. We honestly believe we are hearing with great exactness, but in actuality we are processing the information offered, or judging it, in accordance with our own past and responding accordingly.

If for no other reason than to avoid misunderstandings, I believe that every person would benefit by pursuing the development of their intuition or “extra sensory perception”. The more each of us can begin to see below the surface words that are spoken, the more we understand the true meaning and motivation of another person, the more likely we are to have good communication and meaningful relationships.

If only we could learn to be still long enough in the moment to access our own inner knowledge and pay attention to what our deep feelings are telling us, many unnecessary conflicts could be avoided!

Whenever I speak to a group or an individual, I earnestly try to come from the heart. If I say only the words that my heart would say, I will be peaceful, calm and truthful, thus avoiding any possible confusion or hurt to those I want to reach. As I listen to anyone, my aim is to be open to their concerns and interests in a heartfelt way, to hear each one completely before making any response.

Every workshop I offer contains mental exercises aimed at the development of true and detailed perceptions. Whether the overall aim of the workshop is healing, spirit contacts, dream analysis or simple dousing for information, I place strong emphasis on accessing truth and accuracy.

In depth understanding that is gained from applying your intuitive ability will make your life so much simpler and smoother. We all may make small errors in judgment from time to time, but using our innate abilities for the highest and best, helping ourselves be “on target” more often than not, is a much happier and easier way.

If a psychic counseling session would be of benefit to you at this time, I welcome your call for a private appointment. Bring all your questions. Ask anything you wish. You may be sure that your personal reading will be kept completely private. You will have a cassette recording of the accessed information to review at home.

I am Reverend Lois, Bella Vista, Arkansas. (479)657-6491

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home