Friday, April 17, 2009

SPIRIT vs. SHOES

I talk to myself a lot these days. It seems to be my way of figuring things out. I feel the need to analyze my actions and my motives. So when I noticed a personal peculiarity the other day, I had to understand it.

You see I spend a lot of time at the beach. I am usually there twice a day weather permitting. I love the early morning walk in the damp sand. I particularly enjoy the sunsets. If I have time I will enjoy a quick swim.

Many times I will just stand with my feet and ankles in the water doing a visualization exercise. I imagine and intend that I am releasing into the Gulf of Mexico any attitude, idea or emotion that no longer serves me. I see those concepts and feelings being “recycled” and brought back to my body as clean fresh energy.

Being near the water or in it always brings me a sense of peace and expansiveness. I feel part of the large scheme of life. I simply feel more capable of anything I might need to accomplish.

So what is this about shoes? I like to walk barefoot in the sand. I sense the closeness with Spirit, with Soul. The odd thing is that as soon as I walk away from those sandals I begin to worry that I will lose them. You have to understand they are only cheap plastic. It certainly is not the expense.

So what is this fear about? I always try to put the shoes where I will remember and can see them easily. Yet I worry. I think perhaps I should put some red ribbons on the toes of the shoes but I don’t. Maybe I ought to bring a bright colored towel to lay the sandals on but I don’t.

What is this rather unreasonable fear? If I lost them the worst that could happen is I would drive the half mile home barefoot. Could the shoes somehow represent my ability to move forward? Am I concerned that I may not be able to “keep pace” with my plans and ambitions?

Even further could I be afraid metaphorically of “losing my balance” with all the projects that are active in my life now. In my eagerness to do it all could I be worried about stumbling over my own feet? Could the shoes represent my need for stability?

I have not reached any mind blowing conclusion. I am just trying to keep my sense of humor in all this cogitating. After all it is said that those people born under a Pisces sign (which I am) either have impossibly big hands and feet or small ones. In that lottery I drew long feet that are difficult to fit. Perhaps I just dread having to go shopping again!

One thing remains true. Our outward actions as well as our emotions will tell us how we view our lives. They will clearly point out our belief or lack of belief in our own abilities. Emotions can be enormously helpful in showing us where we need to do some personal work or restructuring of our self judgments.

Each one of us arrived on this earth with special abilities, talents and innate desires for their fulfillment. In further developing what you already possess, you will access the passion and joy that come from following your personal life path.
Allow yourself a mistake or two. Do it better the next time!

Praise yourself when you get it right. Be grateful for every breakthrough large or small. You are special, important and valuable. By your example you are a gift to this earth and all her people.

I am Reverend Lois Cheney. My joy is in helping my clients access their highest potential through channeled counseling and teaching. If you would like, I will be happy to assist you with answers to any of your life questions and challenges.

I will schedule an appointment for you in my studio in Florida or by telephone. In either case you will receive a cassette recording of your reading for your later review.

Call today Reverend Lois Cheney (941)961-2783 or e-mail: RevLois@gmail.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home