Sunday, January 6, 2008

PAINFUL MEMORIES?

If memories from your past are causing you pain today, perhaps it’s time to make some changes. Some of your memories may be tied to relatives or friends who have long since passed. Other memories might be connected to people who are unreachable at this time. The pain could issue from some personal action you took or some words you would like to retrieve. Whatever the memory, it can be changed.

I was fortunate in the early 70’s to study with Jose Silva. His course in Mind Control was really a training in self hypnosis. One of the topics in that course was Memory Relief. The object was to take any unhappy memory into the deep levels of your consciousness and begin to tweek it, to adjust it. One little change at a time was “re-remembered” until the inflicted soreness dissolved. This technique was not intended to change anyone else, just to change your personal memory of the event. It hurt no one and freed you from that yoke of pain.

The point of all that adjusting was to reaffirm the fact that the event itself could do no further harm, only the irritating memory was causing the current problem. Let’s take an example. Perhaps the memory that bothers you today is like one of mine from many years ago when I was a little child. I misunderstood something my mother said when she drove us to the old neighborhood. She had some business to tend and she told me it was o.k. to visit my nearby friend.

I believed I had to wait for her to come back to the car before I could see that little friend who was so special to me. I didn’t understand. She expected I would visit while she was busy with her task. When she returned to find me still sitting there, she said it was too late. We had to go back home. My five year old heart was nearly broken.

This may seem to be a small, unimportant memory, but no memory that still causes an ache in your heart is unimportant. In this instance, a memory of that kind can cause an ongoing fear of loss in much more important present day scenarios. Childhood memories can be quite crippling.

Now, as an adult, I can take that memory into my creative consciousness and begin to see the action differently. One bit at a time it can be changed. First, I tell myself that I understand what mother wants. I promise to be quick, to not keep her waiting. Then I hurry down the street to my friend’s door and enter for a visit. The two of us share a giggle and I look at her new toys. I feel it is time to go. I hurry back to the car just as mother comes down the street.

This same technique can be applied gradually to much more serious memories with good results. My late husband was a skilled hypnotist. He worked with one client at a time to help change and heal the varied problems of their lives. I was lucky enough to observe the changes in a number of his patients. Those people he treated would many times drop the depression that had darkened their lives for years. It didn’t matter whether their memories of the past were real or had been simply over embellished and strengthened through the years, they still would yield to positive change. Through a bit of occasional reinforcement the resulting change would become permanent.

The importance of working with and changing unhappy memories cannot be over stated. I never suggest wiping out a memory. Memory “removal” is likely to become suppression and cause even greater harm. The gentle, effective way, is just one positive change at a time. Something that is “just a memory” needs to be addressed because it can cause physical disability as well as emotional and mental stress.

Taking responsibility for our memories, changing them for the better in this way, means not needing to blame anyone or anything for our own recreating of similar events in our lives now. We can stop the cycle and the repetition. It means filling our days and nights with the new joy and peace we can think and imagine today, not reliving the consequences of what we felt or suffered in the past. We can take full responsibility and enjoy a happier more fulfilling life.

Will you give me the chance to help you with your life challenges? Call today for an appointment for your personal spirit-channeled psychic reading. I am Reverend Lois, (479) 657-6491, Bella Vista Arkansas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home